February 18, 2009

Bob

Finishing up with dinner, rice and chicken, I carried my dishes into the kitchen. Flipping on the light switch I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. Quickly and quietly I set down my things and began to investigate. Reaching the corner of my kitchen something scurried up the wall. I barely made it through the ant bug bombing, what else could possibly be living in here? Dark, out of lights to turn on, and now to high for me to see I grabbed a kitchen chair to continue the investigation. Somewhere between the 15 steps I took to grab a chair and my return trip to the kitchen the mysterious creature escaped. Although this creature has escaped me tonight I think it is merely hiding waiting for its chance to catch me off guard and launch a vicious attack. Even with a potentially lethal creature roaming around my home I somehow managed to sleep safe and sound.

Losing last night I would not settle for defeat again tonight. Getting braver the mysterious creature wondered out of the shadows and into a place without cover for him to hide in. Like the 3 toed sloth I moved slowly and stalked with precision footsteps. Maybe I should start a TV show where I attempt to poke aggressive animals with a stick just to see their reactions, crikey. Grabbing an empty 2 liter bottle and a kitchen towel I prepared to launch a full scale no mercy attack. Swooping in from above like an eagle diving for a fish I covered the creature with the towel. Safety first, the last thing I wanted was for the creature to see me coming and launch its own retaliation attack. Successfully capturing the creature I quickly ushered it into the empty bottle. Planting the bottle on the counter I declared that from this point forward the dangerous, possibly vicious, creature should be referred to as “Bob, the gecko”. Yes, just like Geico.

After returning from work the next day Stella informed me that she sent “Bob, the gecko” to go live up state with his cousins on “the farm”.

“Bob, the gecko”, I will miss you.


"Bob, the gecko" Picture

Blake

1 comment:

Dwight said...

Ant, Geckos, what's next? The visitors keep getting larger.