March 1, 2009

Cernervsary

It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the library at Iowa State University studying for my next exam or writing term paper on some in-depth technical topic. Ok, so replace the library with a bar, the studying for a frosty mug, and the term paper for a few pitchers, but the Iowa State part was legit. Today marks the three year anniversary of my employment with this wonderful company. In the states, other than an email from your boss to the rest of the origination telling them how fantastic you are, nothing spectacular takes place. In India it is customary to bring in sweets of some kind, at least so they tell me. Doing my best to fit in, whether customary or being taken advantage of, I offered to buy the team ice cream. I secretly wanted it since I have only had it once since relocating. Since the only local ice cream is located in the IBM cafeteria we have to wait until 3:00pm before we could begin the trek. I’ll tell you one thing, if you ever want the entire team to do something offer them food, every one of them will show up. Like everything else in India, ice cream also comes in smaller portions and slightly different flavors then it does back home even though it was being served by Baskin Robins. Mango, Banana, Black Current just to name a few all of which are excellent I might add. Customary or taken advantage of, the team, Matt, and myself all loved a chance to get out of our chairs and of course free ice cream….well free for everyone but me :(
.

Blake

1 comment:

DB said...

I'm waving the bullshit flag on you sitting in the library