January 17, 2009

The walk to the gym

For anyone inspiring to be a professional body builder I offer you one tip, don’t move to India. For anyone inspiring to lose a whole bunch of weight i offer you one tip, move to India. Having left the States the beginning of November I have not done any physical activity in almost two and half months, minus watching my friends move life out of an apartment into a storage unit. In those two and half months of no physical activity I have lost 12 pounds. With all my muscle shrinking away and my stomach growing due to the extensive amount of rice I consume, I joined a gym. Planning to work out before I head into the office I found a gym within walking distance of my apartment. On my 8 minute walk to the gym covering roughly 7 blocks I saw 6 sleeping stray dogs, 5 burning leaf piles, 4 donkeys eating trash, 3 mobile food carts, 2 eagles ripping something apart, 1 guy peeing on the side of the road, and of course 0 other white folks.

Looking around the gym you would have no clue that coed gyms are the nicest and most expensive as I have seen nicer work out equipment sitting unused in the basement of many people’s homes. It beats the couch though so I will continue to go. Picking back up the work out I was doing before I left I attempt to find all of the machines I need. With every weight listed in kilograms I have no idea how to choose the weights I need. Having tested everything out I have completed day one of my workout. In a month from now, when I am back in shape, I am pretty sure I will be able to bench more weight than the gym possesses. On my first day I was already doing everything I could find without stealing more weight from the other machines. Apparently I will not return as a body builder.

Blake

1 comment:

Kyle McDaniel said...

still appear scrawny too me